Packing, not intended for people who get irritated quickly.
You always lose the overview, want to take things with you that you don’t need at all and forget things that you should have taken with you.
To save you this frustration, I have compiled the backpack packing list below, which makes packing a little easier.
Use this backpack packing list, but don’t follow it indiscriminately. Also, think carefully about what you need and especially what you do not need.
Not sure if you have to bring something? Do not take it with you unless they are medicines. You can always buy things at the destination.
BASICS / IMPORTANT
- Suitcase or Backpack
- Address label TSA lock (TSA is an abbreviation for Transport Security Administration. When you fly to America, your suitcase may be opened for inspection by TSA employees instead of being cut).
- Flight bag/rain cover for backpack
- Optional, but very handy: passport cover (your passport has to endure a lot)
- Optional, but very handy: Medical passport / Vaccination booklet
- Credit card
- Passport photos for visas (often useful in Asia)
- Travel insurance certificate (scan card or paper)
- Arrange visas
- Cash (some dollars or euros to exchange are always handy)
- Travel guide or travel apps downloaded (can later also at the destination)
- Daypack (also called hand luggage)
- International driving license
PACKING LIST BACKPACKING CLOTHING
- Cardigan, sweater or hoodie
- Long pants (thin for warmer countries)
- Dress skirt
- Long sleeve and short sleeve t-shirts
- Optional windbreaker (windbreaker)
- Beach towel or sarong
- Towel (Tip! One that dries quickly!)
- Optional hiking shoes or (trail) running shoes
- Slippers or sandals
- Poncho or water-resistant jacket (or umbrella)
- Hat or cap
- Optional: thick socks
- Sheet bag
- Bed Bug Sheets
- Baby wipes
- Shower gel
- Hand disinfectant
- Lenses + spare set / glasses
- Shaving gear
- Shampoo / Shower gel
- Toothpicks / dental floss
- Toilet bag (with hook)
- Wax / gel / hair spray
- Digital camera
- USB stick or external hard drive for backup photos
- All chargers and batteries
- world plug
- Bank Pass Settings: Check the settings of your bank card before departure. If you want to withdraw money outside of Europe, you have to put your card on ‘World’. At most banks, you can change the settings via the app.
- On The Plane: What do you wear on the plane? you better make yourself as comfortable as possible and therefore wear as little makeup and chill clothing as possible on the plane. That means a tight yoga leg, sports bra, roomy t-shirt, and a nice thick cardigan. After taking off, you can exchange the shoes for a pair of thick socks
- Don’t Take Too Much:
- Use this backpacking checklist as a guide and only take what you really think you need. You have to wear it all yourself and the lighter your backpack, the better of course. You will probably take way too much with you the first time, but the more you travel, the smarter you will pack.
You might also like these blogs: